Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Project 9D : Conference, 0900-1200, 22nd October 2010

'Stewardship' is discussed in the class. Stewardship used in a more general way to refer to a responsibility to take care of something owned by someone else. In 70's,"the conservation movement" slowly began to associate the environment with responsible use. Nowadays, the word has change to "sustainable". After the class finish, I realized that
Intention : We have to be responsibly to save our earth since the 'wisest man' creates things that bring convenience to human being but damaging our earth
Act : Any ways that change shift the human current soul, such as education, religion, believe and et al
Product : Sustainable earth to future
People : Everyone are responsible to maintain and reserve our earth to future generation

We are given a briefing about the event held on the next Monday, Exhibition. I was given a job to order food and arrange the studio. I have made a shift which 3 groups of people will work for studio in the time given. The first group is working on 3pm, 22/10/2010 which the second and third group work on 9am and 3pm respectively on the following day. The first group of people is cleaning the studio while I am redo my bamboo strut.
After transferring bamboo for the first day.
Tire but enjoy
New bamboo site



Searching for my lost connector



Redo the bamboo

This time cannot be too thin

Another strut going to finish
We heat the end of the connector the hit it with the wood hammer

Checking the stability of connector
Checking the quality of the friends' work
Changing shift. I am take over their job. 
Bamboo
Tire but finally finish the strut
On the next day, I was appeared myself in studio about 4pm because I have basketball match on that day. I was going to studio immediately after the match is finished. Luckily the duty stuffs have finish the work that I given to them. I was thinking how to decorate the studio and yet my friend suggests to build a big tensegrity.
3-strut tensegrity
After that, I was built a simple shelf to hang the mask while my friends are going to screw their bamboo strut since we finish too late yesterday. And yet i do not have any picture regrading on built the shelf cause i do not have camera. Mr Rusli suggested to arrange globe to a curve line and Ar Najib suggested that the small dome hang on the ceiling.

Discussion with Mr WanB
On the next day, I reach studio about 9am. I meet Mr WanB and he suggested that globe should arrange with the principle of golden section. And the chairs should not be put at the original place.




Building another shelf cause I think not enough
to put all the mask that receive in a shelf.




Putting the chair under the table
Building a cube tensegrity




We back about 12am after finishing all the work in studio. From the weekend, I discovered many things



Intention : We should unite to get the most efficiency outcome
Act : We do things together and DO is taking over TALK
Place : Design Studio 101
Product : The work in the studio
People : Those who gave their generous help to me
Principle : Cooperation between human, no race, no sex, no argument.
Place : Design Studio 101

No comments:

Post a Comment