Tuesday, July 13, 2010

What I Heard, 0900-1100, 12 July 2010

On 12nd July 2010, 0900-1100, I have my first RUS 101 class at E48B. The lecturer name is Mr Wan Burhanuddin bin Wan Abidin. The lecturer ask me in the class, why I choose USM, and my answer definite is I want to study in APEX. On the other hand I have a question in my brain, why I want to study in APEX university since i do not know what APEX means. Afterward i realise that being an APEX student is not easy because I have the responsible to bring our school USM to APEX. The task is very hard for me but I try to tell myself to do my best.



First of all, I have learnt the name of our Naib Canselor Y.Bhg. Profesor Tan Sri Dato’ Dzulkifli Abdul Razak. All the students in HBP are advised to remember the name of the Naib Canselor.




Secondly, I learn about the meaning of production. Production comes from an action where acted by an actor with intention, whatever the action acts by the actor, there is rule to control the action of the actor. Place should be appear if there is an actor act within some rules. Therefore, 3P is appear which means people, principle and place. Everything that we have done is came from 3P. For example, a group of basketball players is playing basketball on basketball court with the basketball rules and maybe they just take it as an exercise or take it as a match. We can see there is people, place and principle from the sentence which means everything surrounding us with human act is related to 3P. The others examples that have been given by lecturer for actors are students, studiomaster, USM community, Penangites and et al(and other).



Thirdly, I have been though that APEX students must have APEX intention and APEX act with APEX rules in USM which is an APEX university. The word APEX means Accelerated Program for Excellent which means USM pushing hard to become the top university among all the university in Malaysia and top 5 in the world. And then i remember that the starting of the class, lecturer told us that to be APEX students, we need to be excellent which is good^4.
GOOD > BETTER > BEST > EXCELLENT


After that i have been though to differenciate the meaning of hear and listen. The different between these 2 words are the people who listen will concentrate and hear carefully what others say while the people who hear will just listen to speaker but do not think it twices.



And finally i knew that we spoke almost 3500 words per day and 35000 english word is directly use in Bahasa Malaysia. This is the end of the first class which bring fun and simple introduction to new students.

No comments:

Post a Comment