Sunday, July 18, 2010

Project 1B : Me, My Thoughts & I, 16th July 2010, 0900-1200

On the 16th July 2010, 0900-1200, I have attended my second RUS 101 class. There is another lecturer told us some interesting story. The lecturer names Dr Ilias Said from Construction Management.

First of all, he taught us to be in the present, learn from the past, help-create the future and realize your purpose. Dr. started his story by the day we accepted the offer letter from USM, whether poor people or rich people, all are happy with the offer letter. I think nobody is excepted because they have confirm by the APEX university. But the whole village does not celebrate with me actually. On the registration day, I was came alone from Segamat to USM with joyful and a bit scare because this is a long way to travel from my hometown. I should proud of study in USM which mean 'lucky' by Dr Ilias Said.
Then, Dr. continue by his story with a turtle and a rabbit. Some days, a rabbit and a turtle plan to have a race, when race is started, rabbit run and then stop to have snap because the turtle is far behind, but finally turtle reach the end point while rabbit is sleeping. And then the story continue with another race which is organised by rabbit seem rabbit lose in the first race. When second race started, rabbit run as fast as possible to reach the ending point and rabbit won the race. But turtle think that the winner should not be rabbit so turtle organise a race again, this time turtle choose another track. When the race started, the rabbit run as fast as possible, but when rabbit reach a river he stop and cannot continue his journey because the ending point is just on the opposite site of the river. Finally turtle won the third race. After that, turtle and rabbit plan to have a cooperate race which means rabbit will bring turtle to the river bank and then turtle will bring rabbit across the river. At the end of the story i knew that we need to cooperate in all the situation. We could not live alone in the world. Each of the people created have their own ability and function.

After that, Mr Wan Burhanuddin gave us a project. Each of the students in the studio have different topic of project. My job is to read the project given and suggest it to become a part of PONDOK (Polar Shift and Other Natural Disaster Organization Kit). The project title is Mosquito-Indigenious Unmanned Aerial Vehicle.
I have do my best to find out what is the information given to me and I have learnt about the Mosquito UAV, technology which I do not listen before. Mosquito UAV is a communication tool which will help on the scenario 21st December 2012, 11am, which is predicted to have a sea level rising on the world. I feel thankful to have this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment